It is important to eat right because the type of food we eat plays a great role in achieving our goals. We should consume food items that are low on calories and flourished with a lot of nutrients. A balanced diet for kids includes nutritious food items like whole bread, veggies, fruits healthy fats, and proteins. Along with a healthy diet, a regular workout is necessary.
Everyone has a plan regarding what to eat, but does anybody pay heed to the food items that should be avoided? There is certain kind of foods whose consumption can lead to unnecessary problems or a gain in weight. It is recommended on a general level that food items containing high calories should be avoided as they can be harmful to the health of the kids. So here is the list of foods that should be avoided:
- Sweetened Drinks – Sugars and preservatives are found in abundance in most of the soft and aerated drinks or beverages available in the market. Sugar is only added to it for taste and no nutritional value is attached to it. The calories obtained from liquids increase the appetite of the kids and they end up consuming more food than usual. To maintain a balanced diet for kids, remove the beverages and add up water. Make them drink plenty of water to see proper results.
- Processed Foods – Several processed foods are loaded with preservatives and unhealthy ingredients like refined flour. These include biscuits, pastries, chips, candies, etc. which will increase the weight of your kid. Instead of this, choose fruits and nuts as a snack.
- Refined Flour – Refined flour or all-purpose flour should not be consumed too much is not good. Nutritionists suggest consuming white or refined flour can lead to obesity and health problems. Hence, instead of refine flour, include whole wheat flour in your child’s diet. It is subject to a heavy manufacturing process, and all the healthy value is lost, leaving it with empty calories. If consumed in excess, it may cause several health problems. Instead of this, healthy grains or whole wheat flour can be used.
- Junk Food – Several artificial ingredients are added to the junk food, which makes it tastier and lovely for the children. However, it contains a large amount of sodium, artificial colours, and flavours which substantially increase cholesterol levels. So, it is necessary to remove junk food from the list to maintain a balanced diet for kids.
- Chocolates And Candies – The chocolates and candies contain sugar- the sweetening agents, which if consumed in excess, can lead to an increased level of blood sugar in the long run. However, chocolate lovers can switch on to the alternative of dark chocolate, which is known to have comparatively fewer calories and a much healthier option.
It is very necessary to have a balanced diet for kids;otherwise their picky behaviour will end them growing into unhealthy individuals with lots of health problems. For this, proper guidance should be there for the type of food that should be included and that should not be included.